Moonset on the Meseta

Moonset on the Meseta

Friday, September 7, 2012

Countdown!

Maybe the last photos.  Here is Kent celebrating finishing one stage of the little bathroom with champagne.


And here I am wearing 3 shirts, one of my pairs of pants, my Mexican dress, and my "evening shoes."


Three more days before we fly to Paris. We are making last minute preparations, including testing whether I can post to the blog from my iPod. Alas, no photos from this iPod.  I'll see if I can get a "departure" photo before we leave.  Also note I added a gadget in the upper left corner, so you can subscribe (that is be notified of subsequent posts).  This may be an alternative to my email list.  I'll see.  Meanwhile, exploring the capabilities of my iPod, I have downloaded (for free) and started reading Robert Louis Stevenson'Travels with a Donkey in the Cevennes1879an account of his travels in a region not far from where where we will be walking.

I didn't realize that this quote was from Stevenson's Virginibus Puerisque, 1881:
"Little do ye know your own blessedness; for to travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive, and the true success is to labour."

How perfect for a pilgrimage!  I also didn't realize that the title of Steinbeck's  Travels with Charleya book my mother and I read together and loved years ago was inspired by Travels with a Donkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment